ABOUT Dinner Plates
Our handcrafted wood dinner plates are perfect for everyday dining or entertaining at home. Made from acacia wood, each set consists of a small, medium, and large-sized plate. When not in use all three plates neatly nest inside one another for easy storage.
Acacia trees grow well in warm climates. Known for its smooth, rich red grain, acacia wood is one of the hardest woods available which means it tolerates sanding and sands down to a very smooth finish. This natural hardwood makes beautiful dining tables, cutting boards, and acacia wood plates.
Benefits of eating from wood dinnerware
Before the advent of glazed pottery, eating from wood dinner plates was common. Here are some of the benefits that eating from acacia wood plates and mango wood bowls can provide:
- Dining comfort. Wood is a natural insulator so it will keep your food warm while being safe enough to handle. Holding a plate or bowl of warm food on a cold day is a comforting experience.
- Long lasting. Handcrafted wood dinner plates are generally strong and resilient. With the proper care, these beautiful plates will retain their good looks for a long time.
- Naturally antibacterial. Safe to use for preparing and serving foods, acacia wood has unique properties that stop bacterial growth, making it a safe and healthy choice forserving platters and dinnerware.
- Earth-friendly. The production of plastics uses large amounts of energy while creating waste. Unlike plastics which can take years to break down and can release toxins, wood is a natural material that uses minimal energy to produce useable products and decomposes naturally.
- Peaceful dining. While the sound of flatware on china and ceramic dinnerware can create clinking and scraping noises, eating from wood plates andmango wood bowls is relatively peaceful.
- One of a kind. The natural wood grains are as unique as a fingerprint. You won’t find any two acacia wood plates with the same features. This is the reason our handcrafted wood dinner plates make lovely gifts.
Care of acacia wood dinnerware
Our acacia wood square plates come as a set of three. The collection consists of small, medium, and large plates. Perfect for everyday dining or serving foods when entertaining at home, each wood plate is like a work of art for your table.
Proper care will keep these plates looking beautiful for many years to come. Here are the dos and don’ts of caring for your wood plates:
- Do hand wash wooden dinner plates. Use warm soapy water and a bristle brush. Rinse well and let them air dry on a rack.
- Do keep your plates away from prolonged direct sunlight so they don’t fade.
- Do keep wood dinnerware looking its best by wiping it with food-safe oil. Use a small amount and rub it in gently with a lint-free cloth. Let it soak in for about an hour and then wipe off any excess. Buff with a soft dry cloth to bring out a natural shine.
- Don’t place wooden plates in the dishwasher.
- Don’t use a microwave. Wood plates are not microwavable and they will crack and warp if heated in a microwave.
- Don’t place wood plates or bowls on or close to a heat source where they can get burn marks.
Note: You can use any safe-to-eat, odorless oil to treat your wood plates. Some oils that work well are hemp, olive, walnut, and sunflower. Be aware of allergies if using nut oil.
Love entertaining at home? Our handcrafted wood dinner plates, mango wood bowls, and other wood dinnerware will bring a warm, inviting look to your table.